"not owner" when installing readline as non-root

Kevin Reid kpreid at mac.com
Mon Dec 14 21:01:43 PST 2009

On Dec 14, 2009, at 23:24, Joshua Root wrote:
>> bash-3.2$ port upgrade readline
>> --->  Applying patches to readline
>> Error: Target org.macports.patch returned: could not set group for
>> file
>> "/Stuff/ports/var/macports/build/
>> _Stuff_ports_var_macports_sources_rsync
>> .macports.org_release_ports_devel_readline/work/readline-6.0/
>> support/shobj-conf":
>> not owner
>> Error: Unable to upgrade port: 1
>> bash-3.2$ locate portutil.tcl
>>

>> I tried applying your patch, but it didn't apply cleanly and the code
>> looks different (there is no "file copy -force" in
>> src/port1.0/portutil.tcl).
>>
>> Any updated recommendations?
>
> Ignore the patches attached to the ticket. Comment 15 links to a
> change
> in trunk which may fix the problem, but nobody affected by it has yet
> tested and confirmed or denied this.

Suppose that I need to get this working again ASAP, i.e. before the
next release.

Assuming the change does fix the problem what would I do? Apply http://trac.macports.org/changeset/59597
  to the code I have now? Switch to trunk (how)?

--
Kevin Reid                                  <http://switchb.org/kpreid/>