CafePorts

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Tue Dec 15 15:34:19 PST 2009

On Dec 15, 2009, at 17:17, Bradley Giesbrecht wrote:

> On Dec 15, 2009, at 2:17 PM, Ryan Schmidt wrote:
>
>> I meant in a sources.conf file where there are multiple entries, you only need to deal with the one marked "[default]".
>
> What happens if there is second source dir and someone try's to upgrade a port that has an entry in the default source dir but the active port was built out of the second source dir?

On second thought, I probably think only handling the default source is acceptable, because I only have one source defined. If I had multiple sources, I'd want them all to be used. And the time taken to parse a few additional small portindexes will be nothing next to the amount of time it takes to parse the primary portindex. So probably better to just read them all.