CafePorts

Panayotis Katsaloulis panayotis at panayotis.com
Wed Dec 16 05:13:47 PST 2009

On 16 Δεκ 2009, at 2:04 ΜΜ, Chris Janton wrote:

>> Try to do something like
>> ssh admin at localhost LOCATION_OF_CAFEPORTS/CafePorts.app/Contents/
>> MacOS/JavaApplicationStub
>>
>> this should do the trick.
>
> Nope -
>
> Set a breakpoint @ CGErrorBreakpoint() to catch errors as they are
> logged.
> [LaunchRunner Error] CafePorts.main(String[]) threw an exception:
> java.lang.InternalError: Can't connect to window server - not enough
> permissions.

You could try this, then (in one line):

ssh admin at localhost java -Xms128m -Xmx256m -jar LOCATION_OF_CAFEPORTS/
CafePorts.app/Contents/Resources/Java/CafePorts.jar

> Don't quite know how you are invoking the shell for port commands, but
>
> 	ssh localhost command
>
> or
>
> 	ssh user at localhost command
>
> should work. If the user doesn't have keys setup it requires 2
> passwords - user password, sudo password.
> That could shrink to no passwords required.
>
> In my case I need to provide the "optional" username and password
> for the account that executes port commands,
> as well as the password required for the sudo.

What you said is OK, but it is a special case.
In any case I believe it would be a good idea to set as a parameter
the way port commands are executed, so everybody could set their own
implementation.