RecordMyDeskTop

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Wed Dec 16 07:49:34 PST 2009

On Dec 16, 2009, at 09:03, Jasper Frumau wrote:

> Does anybody know if macports supports RecordMyDesktop? It's a screen recording program that is used on Gnome platforms. I did a $ port search recordmydesktop and got No match for recordmydesktop found. Neither for $ port search screen nor $ port search capture. I was hoping to use it as a free OS Screen capture program for video tutorials. I can use it in Ubuntu on my VMWare Fusion Virtual partition, but sound is not recorded properly due to ALSA/Pulse issues...

Sounds like we don't have a port for that yet. If it can be compiled for Mac OS X, and you want to provide a port of it, feel free.

There is a screen recorder built into Snow Leopard, FYI. It's in QuickTime Player (File menu: New Screen Recording). Unfortunately it doesn't have (m)any options, but if you like the settings it's pre-set for, maybe it will be sufficient.