Is macports site down?

Panayotis Katsaloulis panayotis at panayotis.com
Wed Dec 16 09:21:26 PST 2009

On 16 Δεκ 2009, at 7:08 μ.μ., Bradley Giesbrecht wrote:

> On Dec 16, 2009, at 8:40 AM, Panayotis Katsaloulis wrote:
>
>> When I try to browse the site from my iPhone I get the following error;
>>
>> This page contains the following errors:
>> error on line 19 at column 312: Comment not terminated <!-- var MooTools={version:'1.11'};function $defined(o
>> Below is a rendering of the page up to the first error.
>
> A url is usually a nice addition to this type of question.
>
> I'm browsing macports with success with Safari on both my iMac and iPhone.
>

> // Brad

It is actually www.macports.org

Now that I am at home, I can see that from the desktop, macports site is visible.
From my iPhone though, it is not.

I suspect it has to do with some settings about mobile devices, since I am browsing through my carriers network, not through wifi.
Although most sites ignore this, others understand it and use a special stylesheet and others (like macports) break :)