Is macports site down?

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Wed Dec 16 22:09:39 PST 2009

On Dec 16, 2009, at 11:21, Panayotis Katsaloulis wrote:

> Now that I am at home, I can see that from the desktop, macports site is visible.
> From my iPhone though, it is not.
>
> I suspect it has to do with some settings about mobile devices, since I am browsing through my carriers network, not through wifi.
> Although most sites ignore this, others understand it and use a special stylesheet and others (like macports) break :)

Sounds like either you got a corrupted version of the page somehow (in which case you should clear the cache and try again, but I don't know how to clear the cache on MobileSafari), or like Brandon said there is an http proxy between our web server and your iPhone, possibly managed by your cell carrier. You could tell us who your carrier is, so others with that carrier could try it. You could also try figuring out how the HTML source of our page differs on your iPhone vs. on a computer (but I don't know how you would view a page's source on MobileSafari). But ultimately if it is a proxy messing with our source, that proxy needs to be fixed or bypassed, which is outside our control.