Install Failure

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Wed Dec 23 14:06:54 PST 2009

On Dec 23, 2009, at 16:03, Peter Hindrichs wrote:

> On 2009-12-23, at 16:55 , Ryan Schmidt wrote:
>
>> On Dec 23, 2009, at 10:04, Peter Hindrichs wrote:
>>
>>> Jam is deprecated and has been removed; targets that use Jam must be upgraded to native targets. For more information on doing this, consult the Xcode documentation.
>>
>> Jam is no longer available on Snow Leopard (which I assume you're running), so you cannot build software that was built using Jam (e.g. GNUMail-Aqua) on Snow Leopard.
>
> As far as I know I have not installed or run anything with Jam.

Right -- I am telling you that the software GNUMail-Aqua was apparently built by its developer to use a feature of Xcode called Jam, and that this feature no longer exists in Snow Leopard's Xcode, therefore you cannot build GNUMail-Aqua in its current form. The port may need to be updated to the current version of GNUMail-Aqua; if it already is, its developers may need to be informed about this problem; if they're no longer developing the software we may need to patch it ourselves in a way like the one shown below.