I think I cleaned up too much - Gnucash fail

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Sat Dec 26 18:55:15 PST 2009

On Dec 26, 2009, at 19:05, Lenore Horner wrote:

> I used port_cutleaves the other day and I think I must have cleaned up too much.  Either that or port upgrade outdated went awry.  I can no longer run gnucash.  It fails with the following message.
>
> dyld: Library not loaded: /opt/local/lib/libjpeg.62.dylib
>  Referenced from: /opt/local/bin/gnucash-bin
>  Reason: image not found
> Trace/BPT trap
>
> Anyone have an idea what provides that dyld?  I tried port search libjpeg and came up empty-handed.

The jpeg port provides libjpeg.dylib. However, jpeg was recently updated from version 6b (which provides library version 62) to version 7 (which provides library version 7). All ports that depend on jpeg had to have their revisions bumped to force a rebuild against this new library version. gnucash does not declare a dependency onjpeg, therefore it was not included in this effort. Since it nonetheless appears to be linking with jpeg, it should be revised to declare a dependency on jpeg, and have its revision bumped to force a rebuild.

I'm currently trying to build gnucash and dependencies to see if I can confirm its dependency on jpeg. If so, I will make the above change.