I think I cleaned up too much - Gnucash fail

Lenore Horner LenoreHorner at sbcglobal.net
Sun Dec 27 15:36:15 PST 2009

On Dec 27, 2009, at 01:05 , Ryan Schmidt wrote:

> On Dec 26, 2009, at 21:36, Joshua Root wrote:
>
>> The jpeg port was recently updated to version 7, which is not binary
>> compatible with the previous version. All ports that declare a
>> dependency on jpeg had their revision incremented, but gnucash
>> depends
>> on it indirectly so it wasn't done.
>>
>> I've now rev bumped gnucash, so it should be OK once you upgrade it.
>
> I've finished building gnucash. Curiously, "otool -L /opt/local/bin/
> gnucash-bin" doesn't show it linking with libjpeg.

Puzzle.  My gnucash still protests, but differently.

I did
$port selfupdate
$port upgrade outdated

gnucash did upgrade, but I get the same complaint.

$gnucash
dyld: Library not loaded: /opt/local/lib/libjpeg.62.dylib
   Referenced from: /opt/local/lib/libgtkhtml-3.14.19.dylib
   Reason: image not found
Trace/BPT trap

Curiously, otool (thanks, Ryan for the command) shows linking against
the new version.

$otool -L /opt/local/bin/gnucash-bin
/opt/local/bin/gnucash-bin:
         {snip}
         /opt/local/lib/libjpeg.7.dylib (compatibility version 8.0.0,
current version 8.0.0)

I just noticed that the error now complains about libjpeg.62.dylib
being referenced from libgtkhtml whereas before it complained about a
reference from gnucash.

Does libgtkhtml need the same version bump?  I have  libgtkhtml3
@3.26.3_0.  It doesn't list a dependency on jpeg.

$port deps libgtkhtml3
Full Name: libgtkhtml3 @3.26.3
Build Dependencies:   pkgconfig, intltool, p5-xml-parser, gnome-icon-
theme, iso-codes
Runtime Dependencies: gnome-icon-theme
Library Dependencies: libsoup, enchant, gconf, libgnomeui

  $otool -L /opt/local/lib/libgtkhtml-3.14.19.dylib
/opt/local/lib/libgtkhtml-3.14.19.dylib:
        {snip}
         /opt/local/lib/libjpeg.62.dylib (compatibility version
63.0.0, current version 63.0.0)

This looks like another hidden dependency.

Lenore