More on the Biggles saga

Faisal Moledina faisal.moledina at gmail.com
Tue Dec 29 06:38:14 PST 2009

On Tue, Dec 29, 2009 at 7:47 AM, David Nicholls <david at mso.anu.edu.au> wrote:
> OK, I installed plotutils+x11 which went well.  I thought this might help
> the connection to the x11 system. Running the biggles test programs no
> longer crashes Python, but now gives a new error:
>
> Error: Unresolved inheritance operation
>
> So I reinstalled py26-biggles, just in case it needed to be reconnected to
> the changed plotutils.  It installed an updated help2man and also
> xorg-libXt.
>
> No change. Same message.

Hello, I tested this just now. Installing plotutils without the x11
variant results in the same error you saw in your other thread

libplot: ignoring request to create plotter of unknown type
Segmentation fault

I reinstalled plotutils, this time with +x11 (I did not reinstall
biggles). Then I ran the example at
http://biggles.sourceforge.net/?example=2 and successfully generated
an xplot window in x11.

Therefore, I think your X11 installation may have a problem (likely
that some files are linking to the wrong libraries). I think that
biggles is fine, but plotutils is where the problem begins. What is
the output of otool -L /opt/local/bin/plot ?

Faisal