install specific version of portfile

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Mon Feb 2 13:29:52 PST 2009

On Feb 2, 2009, at 15:15, Thierry wrote:

> As I did managed my perl stuff using cpan command, I did install
> Perl Magick module via the cpan.
> And that's here I got the compilation's errors. ( Magick.xs ->
> Magick.c -> compil failed )
> I'm not sure if it's because of being on Mac, or if PerlMagick is
> on version 6.4 at the moment,
> and ImageMagick a bit more advanced... ?

I recommend you don't use CPAN; instead, use MacPorts to install any
Perl modules you need. Most Perl modules are in separate ports whose
names start with "p5-". Use "port search" to see if the modules you
need are there; if not, we can add them.

For PerlMagick there is a p5-perlmagick port but it does not compile;
see:

http://trac.macports.org/ticket/12071

http://trac.macports.org/ticket/13234

Both tickets request that the port be removed, so I guess we should
do that.

To get PerlMagick, compile the ImageMagick port with the +perl variant.

P.S: Use Reply All so your reply goes to the list too, not just to me.