broken window focus with macports 1.700

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Sun Feb 8 16:45:27 PST 2009

On Feb 8, 2009, at 03:53, Quentin Huys wrote:

>> I would imagine this has less to do with the version of MacPorts and
>> more to do with the fact that there has been lots of activity
>> recently in
>> the xorg-* ports, and these are now used as dependencies of ports
>> that
>> require X features, instead of using the X11 software that Apple
>> provides. Jeremy Huddleston has been the driving force for this
>> work, and
>> it fixes several issues we have had, but may unfortunately cause new
>> ones. I'm not sure where to go on this issue exactly. What version
>> of Mac
>> OS X and Xcode are you using? If Leopard, are you also using
>> XQuartz or
>> no?
>
> I see.
>
> I have Leopard 10.5.5,
>
> home:~% uname -v
> Darwin Kernel Version 9.5.0: Wed Sep  3 11:29:43 PDT 2008;
> root:xnu-1228.7.58~1/RELEASE_I386
> home:~% port -v
> MacPorts 1.700
>
> and the most recent version of everything in MacPorts.  The output
> of port
> installed is below. All the xorg-* ports were installed, as I
> remember, when I
> installed texlive.

[snip]

First, you should update from Mac OS X 10.5.5 to 10.5.6, along with
any other updates provided by Software Update.

Have you tried installing the latest release of XQuartz? It provides
a later version of the X window system than what Apple includes with
Leopard. You can get it here:

http://xquartz.macosforge.org/