nedit bus error

Mark Mahabir mark.mahabir at gmail.com
Thu Feb 12 07:02:04 PST 2009

Hi all

I've just installed today the latest version of Macports, openmotif and
nedit on a MacBook, MacOS 10.5.6.

nedit doesn't start - I just get the following :-

bash-3.2$ ./nedit
No type converter registered for 'BtnMotion' to 'MouseMoved' conversion.
No type converter registered for 'TranslationTable' to 'MouseMoved'
conversion.
No type converter registered for 'BtnMotion' to 'Keymap' conversion.
Bus error

I googled and tried the usual suggestions of cleaning all/reinstalling. I
get the same error when starting from scratch on another MacBook.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Mark