qt4-mac dependencies - 2 RDBMS?

Marcus Calhoun-Lopez mcalhoun at macports.org
Mon Feb 16 09:43:10 PST 2009

Adam Mercer <ram <at> macports.org> writes:

> Hi
>
> I'm wanting to write a port for some QT based software and looking at
> the dependencies for qt4-mac I see that it depends on both mysql5 and
> postgresql83, in addition to sqlite:
>
> Does this really need to depend on two different RDBMS, isn't SQLite
> enough? Could variants be added that switch off MySQL and PostgreSQL
> support?

Qt4 used to behave as you suggest.
It was changed in r44200
(http://trac.macports.org/changeset/44200/trunk/dports/aqua/qt4-mac/Portfile).

Some of the variants were removed because they were needed by other packages
(r44200 lists them).

In addition, having all these variants made the port much harder to maintain.

-Marcus