qt4-mac dependencies - 2 RDBMS?

Marcus Calhoun-Lopez mcalhoun at macports.org
Mon Feb 16 20:49:15 PST 2009

Joshua Root <jmr <at> macports.org> writes:

> I don't see an explanation for why postgresql and mysql are needed in
> that revision or the linked tickets, though. Is it documented somewhere?

As far as I know, no port relies on either the postgresql or mysql functionality.
Some users might want it however.
Qt has an QSqlDatabase class which can make use of several
different driver types including PostgreSQL and MySQL.
Having both provides extra functionality.

Based solely on my own experience, using variants to enable functionality
for the sake of minimizing dependencies is far more trouble than it is worth.

To answer your point, however, it seems there was no reason for the
postgresql and mysql changes
other than to provide full functionality without variants.

-Marcus