Issue with double perl

Jacco Rens jacco at jaccorens.com
Tue Feb 17 00:06:20 PST 2009

Hi Listmembers,

I'm trying to build imapsync on my machine, but it fails with the
following error:

--->  Installing p5-digest-md5 @2.38_0
--->  Activating p5-digest-md5 @2.38_0
Error: Target org.macports.activate returned: Image error: /opt/local/
share/man/man3/Digest::MD5.3pm.gz is being used by the active perl5.8
port.  Please deactivate this port first, or use the -f flag to force
the activation.
Error: The following dependencies failed to build: p5-digest-md5 p5-io-
socket-ssl p5-net-libidn libidn gettext expat libiconv gperf ncurses
ncursesw p5-net-ssleay p5-mail-imapclient p5-term-readkey

What I have installed via ports is shown below, and I see perl5 and
perl5.8 there, that I suspect to be the cause of the problem.

bash-3.2# /opt/local/bin/port installed
   db44 @4.4.20_1 (active)
   openssl @0.9.8j_0 (active)
   p5-berkeleydb @0.31_0 (active)
   p5-datemanip @5.54_0 (active)
   p5-digest-md5 @2.38_0
   perl5 @5.8.9_0 (active)
   perl5.8 @5.8.9_2 (active)
   squid @2.7.STABLE6_0+darwin_9 (active)
   zlib @1.2.3_2 (active)

Any advice how to overcome these errors?

--
jacco