comparing a possibly altered file with the original

David Epstein David.Epstein at warwick.ac.uk
Wed Feb 18 17:11:23 PST 2009

Rainer Müller-4 wrote:

> David Epstein wrote:
>> I tried the command "port work teTex" and got a null response, so i'm not
>> sure what this means.
>
> The command only works after you ran 'port destroot'.
>
>> Where will the new version of teTex be downloaded to
>> by the command "port destroot teTex"?
>
> That's what 'port work tetex' will tell you.

I hope this posting won't arrive twice. I wrote a response, but I'm not sure
whether I sent it, so I'm trying again.

sudo port destroot teTex
worked without comment.
port work teTex
gave the response

/opt/local/var/macports/build/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_ports_print_teTeX/work

Note that this ends with "work". When I did "ls -alR" on this directory, I
got

drwxr-xr-x   3 root  admin  102 Feb 19 00:11 ./
drwxr-xr-x   3 root  admin  102 Feb 19 00:11 ../
-rw-r--r--   1 root  admin    0 Feb 19 00:11 .macports.teTeX.state

So I have been unable to follow Rainer's advice.

David