Best practices for config files

Scott Haneda talklists at newgeo.com
Mon Feb 23 02:03:00 PST 2009

What are the best practices for providing config files with ports?

I am working with a friend to make an all in one ISP solution, email,
dns, database, webmail, etc etc.  Sort of a cpanel done right on the
Mac.

Let'stake Roundcube for example, there is not a port that I can see.
This is a basic install, it is just a download, uncompress, and move
to location.

That would cover the default port.  However, I want to make a custom
config file, that is a little more tailored to the ISP solution port
we are working on.

Do you use a variant for this, port install roundcube +custom-config
or similar?
--
Scott

* If you contact me off list replace talklists@ with scott@ *