mercurial: "hg convert" cannot find `svn' python bindings

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Mon Feb 23 17:22:14 PST 2009

On Feb 23, 2009, at 10:30, Joerg van den Hoff wrote:

> On Sun, Feb 22, 2009 at 09:23:08PM -0600, Ryan Schmidt wrote:

>>> It certainly shouldn't be happening...
>>
>> Looks like:
>>
>> http://trac.macports.org/ticket/17367
>
> thanks. yes, it does. question: could this somehow explain my
> `hg convert' problem? I guess not, but ...

I don't see why it would. That ticket relates to the situation when
you have multiple copies of a port installed with the same version
but different variants, and you try to upgrade that port to a new
version, and when trying to deactivate the old version MacPorts gets
confused and tries to deactivate the version that wasn't active
instead of the one which was.

Does that apply to you? If so, you can manually deactivate and
activate the appropriate ports. And to avoid the bug, uninstall
unnecessary ports so that you have only one copy of a particular
version of a port installed. (Decide which set of variants you want,
and uninstall the others.)