apache2 location

Chris Janton face at CentosPrime.COM
Tue Feb 24 15:31:04 PST 2009

On 2009-02-24 , at 15:35 , Scott Haneda wrote:

> My feeling is, the sooner the better, there are already a handful of
> blogs out there, which instructions and hard paths in their
> instructions pointing to the current location.  The sooner we put it
> where MacPorts recommends, the better the long term usability is
> going to be.

how about leaving it where it has been for years? I suspect many
people who use the port have become "attached" to the current
location, including me.

Do a Google search on "/opt/apache2" and you'll see that the choice
of /opt/local/apache2 is perfectly sensible when compared to where
other "systems" put the application and files.

Is there a compelling reason to put it somewhere else?

Note please, "/opt/www/" contains files to be served by apache, not
the application and it's configuration files, etc.

thanks for listening.

8)