Perl error, once and for all

Scott Haneda talklists at newgeo.com
Tue Feb 24 21:49:29 PST 2009

Sorry, I know this has been explained before, bur I can not find the
answer:

DEBUG: Executing org.macports.activate (p5-mime-base64)
--->  Activating p5-mime-base64 @3.07_0
Error: Target org.macports.activate returned: Image error: /opt/local/
share/man/man3/MIME::Base64.3pm.gz is being used by the active perl5.8
port.  Please deactivate this port first, or use the -f flag to force
the activation.
Warning: the following items did not execute (for p5-mime-base64):
org.macports.activate
Error: The following dependencies failed to build: p5-mime-base64 p5-
net-ip

Looking for why this happens, and how to solve it.

--
Scott

* If you contact me off list replace talklists@ with scott@ *