launchd and multiple x11.apps

Jeremy Huddleston jeremyhu at macports.org
Thu Feb 26 13:53:01 PST 2009

On Feb 26, 2009, at 04:04, Andy Schmitt wrote:

> I'm at a loss as to how to get X apps to launch my compiled
> Applications/MacPorts/X11.app rather than the XQuartz-installed
> Applications/Utilities/X11.app.

I sent an email about this a while back.  org.x.X11 is the X11.app
that is associated with the launchd process.  That BundleID is hard
coded to be the one that interacts with launchd.  If you want to
change to using the MacPorts X11.app, you'll need to edit the
Info.plist for both X11.apps (change the /A/U one to something else,
and change the /A/MP one to org.x.X11).

> The only thing I could think of was changing org.x.startx.plist so
> launchd would know which version to use– but that hasn't gotten me
> anywhere.

Yeah, revert that change.