Symbol not found: _gll_noop

Rainer Müller raimue at macports.org
Fri Feb 27 12:23:23 PST 2009

Lothar Braun wrote:
> after one of the last updates I get an error on some applications that I
> try to start. One of them is gnucash:
>
> tnomrev:~ braun$ gnucash
> dyld: Symbol not found: _gll_noop
>   Referenced from:
> /System/Library/Frameworks/OpenGL.framework/Versions/A/OpenGL
>   Expected in: /opt/local/lib/libGL.dylib
>
> Trace/BPT trap

It looks like the OpenGL framework is picking up the wrong libGL
library. The only reason I could think of is OpenGL not being linked
against an absolute path, but picking up another libGL it finds.
Although I am not sure how this should happen.

On my system:
$ otool -L /System/Library/Frameworks/OpenGL.framework/Versions/A/OpenGL
/System/Library/Frameworks/OpenGL.framework/Versions/A/Libraries/libGL.dylib
(compatibility version 1.0.0, current version 1.0.0)

This clearly shows the OpenGL framework is linked against an absolute
path and this is the one it is supposed to use. But from the error
message above we can see it tries to use libGL from /opt/local.

Now I don't have gnucash installed, but I suspect something linked to
gnucash or gnucash itself is linked against /opt/local/lib/libGL.dylib
and that will be used to satisfy the library for the OpenGL framework.

Could you please share the output of
  otool -L /System/Library/Frameworks/OpenGL.framework/Versions/A/OpenGL

  otool -L /opt/local/bin/gnucash

Rainer