Install suggestions for port ASSP

Daniel J. Luke dluke at geeklair.net
Fri Feb 27 17:02:35 PST 2009

On Feb 27, 2009, at 7:48 PM, Scott Haneda wrote:
> My trouble with that, is the assp.cfg gets user and group of root,

well, the user and group of the 'port' process, but yeah, for install/
activate that's usually going to be root.

> which I do not want.  In xinstal, can set user, group, and mode.  I
> am not seeing in the docs how to tell file copy to set user and
> group and mode.  So I just use a system call to do it?

so use xinstall instead of file copy

> I can not move this condition into destroot{} since I need to check
> if the files are there post-activation, I believe.

you can't do it in destroot, because destroot should only put files in
the destroot (all the files in the destroot 'belong' to the port and
will get replaced on upgrade, you have to do this post-activate
because you specifically want these files to not 'belong' to the port
so that macports doesn't ever touch them).

--
Daniel J. Luke