Ruby 1.9.1 and Rails 2.2.2 using MacPorts

Mark Fraser mark at mark100.net
Sun Jan 11 17:54:52 PST 2009

Has anyone here been able to successfully install Ruby on Rails with
Ruby 1.9.1 using MacPorts (on Tiger)?

First I tried installing Ruby 1.9.1 and it installed fine.

Then installing rails using 'gem install rails' led to a rails
installation where all of the generate scripts and rake tasks were broken.

So I started over and this time I tried using MacPorts to install rails
(rb-rails).  In this case MacPorts installed a 1.8.x version of Ruby
(and put the rails gems under that).

Any info or help would be appreciated.