installing boost-python

Evert Rol evert.rol at gmail.com
Mon Jan 12 13:39:36 PST 2009

>> it looks like the libboost_python*
>> libraries don't pick up the macport python headers/libraries, but the
>> system ones.
>
> Did you install boost with any of the python variants
> (python24, python25, or python26)?

Yes (sorry, forgot to mention that earlier):
$> port install boost +python25+icu

(well, the icu isn't necessary, and shouldn't matter anyways)

> If yes, then this is a boost bug you should report.

Ok, I'll file a ticket at the macports website.

> I use the python26 variant, and it finds the correct MacPorts python.

Which does make me suspicious that it doesn't work me.

I wonder if it's worth uninstalling/deactiving the python25 variant,
and installing the python26 variant, to see what happens for me.