Reconfiguring WxWidgets

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Mon Jan 12 22:02:39 PST 2009

On Jan 7, 2009, at 10:31, Adrian Grigore wrote:

> I have successfully installed wxwidgets 2.8 using macports. I
> need a slightly different configuration of wxwidgets and have
> therefore edited the setup.h file accordingly. What's the easyest
> way to apply the new settings (i.e. recompile wxwidgets with the
> new setup.h file)?

You could:

port deactivate wxWidgets
port clean wxWidgets
port extract wxWidgets

Make whatever changes you want to the files in `port dir wxWidgets`/
work, then:

port install wxWidgets

These changes will of course not persist next time you reinstall or
update wxWidgets.

What changes are you making? Would they be generally useful to the
MacPorts population? If so, perhaps they can be incorporated into the
wxWidgets portfile.