gd2 fails on perl5

robert delius royar apple at frinabulax.org
Wed Jan 14 14:03:11 PST 2009

Wed, 14 Jan 2009 (14:24 -0700 UTC) Bryan Blackburn wrote:

> On Wed, Jan 14, 2009 at 07:29:30AM -0500, robert delius royar said:
> [...]
>> So the maintainer might add
>> -D scriptdir='${prefix}/share/scripts'
[...]
> This should be fixed in r45373, though scriptdir is pointed to just
> ${prefix}/bin since that's consistent with where it goes when no scriptdir
> is otherwise defined by configure.
>
> Bryan

That would do it.  At some point the folks who confer about Macports
port directory hierarchy might also consider some of the changes to the
suggested GNU directory hierarchy [hope I have that correct].  I know in
the XEmacs development that there was recently a restructuring of
libraries and scripts to move a number of scripts into directories under
share.  I believe this was to make the software align better with GNU
systems.

--
Dr. Robert Delius Royar
Sent from an Eee PC