Error on environment?

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Wed Jan 14 15:56:14 PST 2009

On Jan 14, 2009, at 10:06, Joshua Root wrote:

> Doctor Who wrote:
>
>> On Wed, Jan 14, 2009 at 2:57 AM, Joshua Root wrote:
>>
>>> There are a couple of relevant settings in Terminal.app's
>>> preferences
>>> which may be preferable to setting LANG manually.
>>
>> Such as?
>
> Such as the International section in the Advanced tab.

You must be on Leopard. :)

On my Tiger system I have in Terminal's Inspector window a Display
section where I can set the Character Set Encoding (and I have it set
to Unicode UTF-8). I understood that I must then set the LANG
variable to correspond to this encoding, so I set LANG to en_US.UTF-8.

Maybe Leopard does this automatically?