Error trying to upgrade

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Wed Jan 14 22:11:55 PST 2009

On Jan 14, 2009, at 23:11, Bryan Blackburn wrote:

> On Wed, Jan 14, 2009 at 09:55:59PM -0600, Ryan Schmidt said:
> [...]
>> p5-digest-md5, on the other hand, is a perl module, and it happens to
>> provide a module (Digest::MD5) which perl itself already provides.
>> Perhaps that was added with the recent update to perl 5.8.9. So
>> you may
>> not need the p5-digest-md5 port at all; you may be just fine with
>> just the
>> perl5.8 port. You can try uninstalling p5-digest-md5, or just
>> leave it
>> deactivated.
>
> Don't for get about #12710,
>
> <http://trac.macports.org/ticket/12710>
>
> where several modules replace what comes with perl.

Indeed. I didn't think p5-digest-md5 was one of those that
traditionally did this, but I see in #12710 that it is. It's just
missing the classic

post-destroot {
     ui_msg "You must install or activate this package with '-
f' (force) as it needs to overwrite files installed by the perl5.8 port"
}

block.