error apache2 from macports 1.70

Bryan Blackburn blb at macports.org
Sun Jan 18 13:29:18 PST 2009

On Sun, Jan 18, 2009 at 05:13:23PM -0400, Jason Hirsh said:
> I am trying to install Apache 2.0 on a Power Mac G5 running Leopard
> 10.5.4
> I get  the folowing error
>
> --->  Fetching apache2
> --->  Attempting to fetch httpd-2.2.11.tar.bz2 from http://www.ibiblio.org/pub/mirrors/apache/httpd
> --->  Verifying checksum(s) for apache2
> --->  Extracting apache2
> Error: reinplace: couldn't read file "/opt/local/var/macports/build/
> _opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync
> .macports.org_release_ports_www_apache2/work/httpd-2.2.11/configure": no
> such file or directory
> Error: Target org.macports.extract returned: reinplace sed(1) failed
>

> It would seem there is an issue with the what I fetched??

If the file downloaded wasn't right, it would have failed during the
checksum, so the download should be okay.  Try running

$ sudo port clean --work apache2
$ sudo port -d extract apache2

and see if that gives us some more information on what's going on.  FWIW, I
have that version of apache2 installed here without such issues.

Bryan