ASSP out of date

Bradley Giesbrecht brad at pixilla.com
Sun Jan 18 16:02:39 PST 2009

On Jan 18, 2009, at 3:47 PM, Scott Haneda wrote:

> Hello, I am back on this again.  Had to get a new computer.  I
> remember I used to do `edit port ASSP` and it would open a file,
> that I had done some work on.  I have MacPorts installed on my new
> machine now, but how do I get the old edited port over to my new
> machine, so I can work where I left off?

There are so many ways to get a file from one machine to another. You
must mean something else.

If it's a Mac you want to copy the file from on Leopard you should be
able to see the machine in a Finder window in the sidebar under
"SHARED".
Just click the computer name and "Connect As" and type in your
credentials when prompted.
Then find your Portfile and copy it over.

If you are just looking for your port file.

port dir <port name>

> I also want to rename it, so I can `edit port ASSP-new` or whatever,
> and not conflict with the current port for the time being.

This is what I do.

http://guide.macports.org/#development.local-repositories