pf-net-dns

Bryan Blackburn blb at macports.org
Mon Jan 19 17:34:43 PST 2009

On Mon, Jan 19, 2009 at 05:19:43PM -0800, Scott Haneda said:
> Stumped on this one, and rather than a line of terminal to fix it, can
> someone run me through what is going on, why does sudo port install xyz
> not work in most all cases for me?
>
> me at macbook:~/Desktop/ $sudo port install p5-net-dns
> --->  Activating p5-mime-base64 @3.07_0
> Error: Target org.macports.activate returned: Image error: /opt/local/
> share/man/man3/MIME::Base64.3pm.gz is being used by the active perl5.8
> port.  Please deactivate this port first, or use the -f flag to force the
> activation.
> Error: The following dependencies failed to build: p5-mime-base64 p5-
> net-ip

This is the quite-annoying #12710:

<http://trac.macports.org/ticket/12710>

> me at macbook:~/Desktop/ $sudo port -f activate p5-net-dns
> Error: port activate failed: Registry error: p5-net-dns not registered as
> installed.

Note that the failure is occurring during the install of p5-mime-base64
(which is a dependency needed for p5-net-dns) hence p5-net-dns is not yet
installed; you have to force p5-mime-base64's activation

$ sudo port -f activate p5-mime-base64

Also, this may happen with other perl modules which conflict with the base
perl5.8 port...

Bryan

[...]