p5 modules, get me started on one

Scott Haneda talklists at newgeo.com
Mon Jan 19 17:54:53 PST 2009

On Jan 19, 2009, at 5:31 PM, Bryan Blackburn wrote:

> On Mon, Jan 19, 2009 at 05:11:44PM -0800, Scott Haneda said:
>> Hello, I need a little help.

> You'll want to have this under /Users/me/macports/perl/p5-file-
> readbackwards
> as this is in the perl category, and as mentioned above, will be named
> p5-file-readbackwards.
>
> [1] - <http://guide.macports.org/#reference.portgroup.perl>
>
>> Given the above example port file, where is it being told to
>> download?  I
>> can not seem to locate a file, so I must be misunderstanding this
>> `sudo
>> find /opt/ -name "perl5.setup"`

/Users/me/macports/perl

-rw-r--r--  1 me  wheel    0 Jan 19 17:50 PortIndex
-rw-r--r--  1 me  staff  284 Jan 19 17:50 p5-file-readbackward

$portindex
Creating software index in /Users/me/macports/perl

Total number of ports parsed:	0
Ports successfully parsed:	0
Ports failed:			0

cat p5-file-readbackward
# $Id$
PortSystem 1.0
PortGroup perl5 1.0

perl5.setup             File::ReadBackwards 1.04
maintainers             nomaintainer
description             test of port file readbackwards
long_description        This module provides things that are useful
platforms               darwin

* How come other ports of this nature do not use :: and use - ?

sudo port install p5-file-readbackwards
Warning: Can't open index file for source: file:///Users/me/macports
Error: Port p5-file-readbackwards not found

Any suggestions?
--
Scott