p5 modules, get me started on one

Bryan Blackburn blb at macports.org
Tue Jan 20 16:56:52 PST 2009

On Tue, Jan 20, 2009 at 02:44:46PM -0800, Scott Haneda said:
> On Jan 19, 2009, at 11:35 PM, Bryan Blackburn wrote:
[...]
>> Odd; make sure you have only one Portfile for p5-file-readbackwards,
>> checking any local sources you may have listed in
>> ${prefix}/etc/macports/sources.conf.  And once done, run portindex in
>> those
>> locations, see if it goes away afterwards.
>

> Done.  Still the same issue:
>
> port search ldap
> p5-file-readbackwards @1.04 (perl)
>     net ldap
>
> port search readbackwards
> p5-file-readbackwards @1.04 (perl)
>     This module reads a file backwards line by line.
>
> The second one should certainly find the first, but I have no idea where
> the first one is coming from.

Nor do I; it looks like it's seeing two copies of the same port, with
differing descriptions.  Only thing I can think of is to go through all of
your port sources in sources.conf, checking to see if you have a second copy
hiding away someplace.

FWIW, the only perl module hit I get for searching on ldap is p5-perl-ldap.

Bryan