Universal Binaries

Joshua Root jmr at macports.org
Fri Jan 23 05:07:31 PST 2009

Timothy Lee wrote:
> Hey Joshua-
>
> Thanks for the reply.
> Do you know if its possible for me (on leopard) to build x86 code (all
> my macports ports) that will also run on Tiger?
> Short of physical access to an intel 10.4 install, is there anything I
> can do?

Don't forget to use Reply All so the discussion goes to the list as
well. There are no guarantees that this will work, but the way to do
what you want would be to set universal_target to 10.4,
universal_sysroot to /Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.4u.sdk, and
universal_archs to i386. Then build everything with +universal (best to
add it to your variants.conf).

- Josh