Problems using PHP and CURL

Craig Hoffman choffman at eclimb.net
Fri Jan 23 05:54:30 PST 2009

Ok, here it goes.  I'll try to explain this the best I can.  A few
days ago I started using MacPorts to replace Marc Lynage's  PHP
package.  Everything installed and worked without a hitch (PHP,
Apache2, MySQL, CURL, Etc...).  Yesterday, while working on a PHP CURL
script, I noticed CURL is not  sending or receiving the request.  The
script works fine on our production server and when I'm running Marc
Lynage's  PHP package (5.2.5) / Apple's stock Apache version.
MacPort PHP Info file (5.2.8)  tells me CURL is installed.   I've also
compared both PHP INI files (Lynage's and MacPorts) and their
identical.   I'm stumped on why it works on one but not the other.
Could it be something with Apache2?

Does anyone have any ideas what's going on?

Here's what's installed with CURL
curl 7.19.3 (i386-apple-darwin9.6.0) libcurl/7.19.3 OpenSSL/0.9.8j
zlib/1.2.3
Protocols: tftp ftp telnet dict ldap http file https ftps
Features: IPv6 Largefile NTLM SSL libz
Craig Hoffman
iChat / AIM: mountain.dog