Problems using PHP and CURL

Chris Janton face at CentosPrime.COM
Fri Jan 23 08:23:40 PST 2009

On 2009-01-23 , at 08:57 , Craig Hoffman wrote:

> Thanks for responding.  I pasted a code snippet below.  Basically it
> sends an array to Authorize.Net for processing.   Authorize.Net
> responds with transaction details (approved, declined, wrong
> address, etc...).
> When CURL is working, using Liyanage PHP I get this response:

what does the following PHP example do? In theory it will return the
text of the web page which reads like this
"
You have reached this web page by typing "example.com", "example.net",
or "example.org" into your web browser.
These domain names are reserved for use in documentation and are not
available for registration. See RFC 2606, Section 3.

"

<?php
  $ch = curl_init();
  curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_URL, 'example.com');
  curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_RETURNTRANSFER, 1);
  $output = curl_exec($ch);
  curl_close($ch);
  echo $output;
?>