Error after trying to upgrade installed

robert delius royar apple at frinabulax.org
Sat Jan 24 10:36:07 PST 2009

If direct mode is removed, I will use the following to work around:
port destroot foo
rsync -tpogHlr /opt/local/var/macports/build/foo/work/destroot/opt/local /opt
[or wherever the destroot is]

This would effectively turn macports into a simple way to build packages
based on the maintainer's having discovered what needs patching and
which configure options there are.  Unfortunately, it kills the ability
to track when a port needs to be upgraded.

I do not wish to proliferate thousands of hard links to old ports and
such on the system.  But I am not asking for permission or support.

--
Dr. Robert Delius Royar                   Associate Professor of English
Morehead State University                             Morehead, Kentucky