ncurses failure (5.7)

Timothy Lee TimLee at rochester.rr.com
Sat Jan 24 14:27:37 PST 2009

I'm failing on installing ncurses (w/ +universal variant).

I tried the instructions from this old post:

 >David,
 >
 >In answer to your question, yes. There is a bug that has already been
 >reported. You will have to clean ncurses and run the following
commands
 >in this exact order:
 >
 >sudo port -v clean ncurses
 >udo port -v install ncursesw
 >sudo port -v install ncurses
 >
 >HTH
 >
 >-Altoine

But I still get 'stuck' with tic owning 90% of the CPU and this screen
displayed:

cd misc && make DESTDIR="/mopt/local/var/macports/build/
_mopt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync
.macports.org_release_ports_devel_ncurses/work/destroot" install
DESTDIR=/mopt/local/var/macports/build/
_mopt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync
.macports.org_release_ports_devel_ncurses/work/destroot \
	prefix=/mopt/local/ \
	exec_prefix=/mopt/local/ \
	bindir=/mopt/local//bin \
	top_srcdir=.. \
	srcdir=. \
	datadir=/mopt/local//share \
	ticdir=/mopt/local//share/terminfo \
	source=terminfo.tmp \
	THIS_CC="/usr/bin/gcc-4.0" \
	THAT_CC="/usr/bin/gcc-4.0" \
	/bin/sh ./run_tic.sh
** Building terminfo database, please wait...
Running tic to install /mopt/local/var/macports/build/
_mopt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync
.macports.org_release_ports_devel_ncurses/work/destroot/mopt/local//
share/terminfo ...

	You may see messages regarding extended capabilities, e.g., AX.
	These are extended terminal capabilities which are compiled
	using
		tic -x
	If you have ncurses 4.2 applications, you should read the INSTALL
	document, and install the terminfo without the -x option.