install slib-guile hangs on activation

danstadler danstadler at gmail.com
Sun Jan 25 05:53:21 PST 2009

Hi Charles -

I'm trying to configure gnucash manually.  Here's why:  when I try "sudo
port install gnucash", the process hangs right away, when it tries to
extract the .lzma compressed file.  I've installed the ports of lzma and
lzmautils, neither one seems to be helping.  But, I can just run the port
phases individually.

However, the port phase "configure" also just hangs, so I'm just run it
manually as well.  I have no idea why it hangs, but it seems to hang right
off the bat (I can't see any activity in the directory, as I normally do
when ports are in the configure phase).

After a total head-slap, I realized my question about running the patch was
pointless; I can just run "sudo port patch gnucash" and the patch is done.
But, "sudo port configure gnucash" still just hangs.

The good news is that after I did the patch, and (based on your note about
guile16) installed slib-guile16, the configure stage is now running great
(manually, that is...).  I'm still having to stop and build a lot of
dependencies, but they are all building without hitches to this point.

Why do you think the lzma and the configure steps might be hanging?

- dan