Installing/updating ports on computer without internet connection.

Ivan Kawaler ink_blot2001 at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 26 10:34:31 PST 2009

I have MacPorts installed, along with a number of packages, on a computer that was connected to the internet.  I would like to install additional packages and update the ones installed, but this machine is no longer connected to the internet.  Is it possible to download the packages on one machine and transfer them to the other via flash drive to be compiled/installed?  What would this entail?