feature suggestion: instructions for reporting build problems

John Joseph Bachir johnjosephbachir at gmail.com
Mon Jan 26 13:16:50 PST 2009

I usually report build problems directly to the maintainer listed in
`port info foo`. Recently, one of these maintainers brought it to my
attention that it is probably more appropriate to report such things
to the Users list, or on trac. I'm not active in the macports
community so there is no way I would have known that either of these
things exist.

Perhaps such a message should be included in the output of `port info
foo`? Something liek "Note: if you are having problems building a
port, do not contact the maintainer directly-- it is better to first
send email to the users list, or create a trac ticket".

Thoughts?

John