named with DLZ support

Scott Haneda talklists at newgeo.com
Thu Jan 29 14:40:39 PST 2009

On Jan 29, 2009, at 2:29 PM, Bryan Blackburn wrote:

> Yeah, patch is expecting its input from stdin, so you need
>
> $ patch -p0 < /path/to/patch.diff
>
> Though for that patch you'll probably need to be in bind9's port
> directory,
> not mysql5's dir.
>
> Bryan

Much thanks.

I got the patch, and did a sudo port -d install bind9, leaving out the
variant on purpose.

I can not see how to now go in and update my install to have the
variant.

port install bind9 +dlz_mysql5 seems to do nothing.

To cofirm my patch works, port edit bind9:

variant dlz_mysql5 description {Dynamically Loaded Zones support with
current MySQL 5.x} {
   depends_lib-append \
     port:mysql5
         # Treads are not safe when bind9 is compiled with dlz-mysql5
         configure.args-delete \
           --enable-threads
         configure.args-append \
           --with-dlz-mysql=${workpath}/mysql \