named with DLZ support

Bradley Giesbrecht brad at pixilla.com
Thu Jan 29 15:09:08 PST 2009

On Jan 29, 2009, at 2:28 PM, Scott Haneda wrote:

> On Jan 29, 2009, at 2:23 PM, Bradley Giesbrecht wrote:
>
>>> Right, the port really should have a post-activate that says to do
>>> so, but
>>> basically, copy etc/named.conf.dist to etc/named.conf and edit as
>>> needed;
>>> then copy (assuming you use the defaults for 127/8, localhost, and
>>> cache)
>>> var/named/db*.dist to just /var/named/db*.
>>
>> I have this patch I have worked on. I haven't had time to test it
>> but it builds without error.
>>
>> //Brad
>>
>> <bind9.tar.gz>
>

> Thanks Brad, I just uninstalled the main ports bind9, can you tell
> me how I install this one?
>
> I just I just need to add it to my local repo, but I have never done
> so where there are also "files" to be with it.
> --
> Scott

The two config patches just need to be dropped in files.

cd `port dir bind9`/files

I just added my patches to trac.

https://trac.macports.org/ticket/17783

As per my conversation with the maintainer (dluke) ignore the first
patch. Just grab the last three patches.

I don't know how to delete a patch. Maybe dluke can delete it for me
or I could just open a new ticket.

//Brad