opencv install failed

sudarshan22 sudarshan22 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 1 16:11:53 PDT 2009

Rainer Müller-4 wrote:

> On 2009-07-01 17:35, sudarshan22 wrote:
>> (sudarshan at luckymac: ~)$ ins opencv
>> Password:
>> --->  Configuring opencv
>> Error: Target org.macports.configure returned: configure failure: shell
>> command " cd
>> "/opt/local/var/macports/build/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_ports_graphics_opencv/work/opencv-1.0.0"
>> && ./configure --prefix=/opt/local " returned error 1
>> Command output: checking tiff.h usability... yes
>> checking tiff.h presence... yes
>> checking for tiff.h... yes
>> checking for TIFFReadRGBAStrip in -ltiff... yes
>> checking jasper/jasper.h usability... yes
>> checking jasper/jasper.h presence... yes
>> checking for jasper/jasper.h... yes
>> checking for jas_image_readcmpt in -ljasper... yes
>> checking ImfCRgbaFile.h usability... no
>> checking ImfCRgbaFile.h presence... no
>> checking for ImfCRgbaFile.h... no
>> configure: Checking for necessary tools to build python wrappers
>> checking for python... /opt/local/bin/python
>
> This looks wrong. No port should be using ${prefix}/bin/python directly.
> Instead, make the port use a python binary with version suffix, e.g.
> python2.5 or python2.6.
>
> In most cases, this can be achieved by a statement like this:
>   configure.python ${prefix}/bin/python2.6
> This will export PYTHON for the configure/build environment. If this
> does not work, check configure parameters or it will require a custom
> patch.
>
> In this case, the port does not declare a dependency on python at all.
> stante, you should pin it to a specific python version.
>
> Rainer

Hi Rainer,

You were right in that it was not using the correct python version. It was
using 3.0 instead of 2.5. However, I had to use python_select to set it to
the correct version and install opencv. configure.python gave me error
(unless I did it wrong).

Anyway it installed like a breeze.
Thanks,
SS.