when can i safely force a macports build when a dependency is indepently installed

Bryan Blackburn blb at macports.org
Thu Jul 2 13:10:33 PDT 2009

On Thu, Jul 02, 2009 at 03:55:22PM -0400, Carter Schonwald said:
> thanks,
> might it be from a while ago having initially used fink / building stuff on
> my own / also having installed texlive 08 separately?

fink should install into /sw so unless you changed it, that won't be it; if
you don't give --prefix to configure scripts, when you build by hand it
should go into /usr/local.  I'm not sure about texlive 08 and where it goes
by default.  The only other thing I'm aware of that likes /opt/local would
be the package installers for KDE.

Bryan