xulrunner-devel usage error

Frank J. R. Hanstick trog24 at comcast.net
Mon Jul 6 17:00:06 PDT 2009

Hello,
	I successfully installed xulrunner-devel; but, when I tried to use
the installation, the jni.h reference in ./configure was:

checking jni.h usability... no
checking jni.h presence... no
checking for jni.h... no

	I then looked into the configure.log file and found the following:

configure:19050: checking jni.h usability
configure:19067: gcc -c -g -O2 -I/usr/local/spidermonkey/include/ -I/
opt/local/include/xulrunner/stable/ -DXP_UNIX conftest.c >&5
In file included from /opt/local/include/xulrunner/stable/jni.h:46,
                  from conftest.c:56:
/opt/local/include/xulrunner/stable/jni_md.h:60:48: error: prtypes.h:
No such file or directory

	Searching through /opt/local/include/xulrunner/stable/ and /opt/
local/include/xulrunner/unstable/ resulted in not finding prtypes.h
in either.  Is prtypes.h supposed to be installed or has the module
been replaced by another?  Who's error is this?

Frank J. R. Hanstick
trog24 at comcast.net