how to prevent a package from upgrade

Vincent Lefevre vincent-opdarw at vinc17.org
Sun Jul 12 14:23:13 PDT 2009

On 2009-07-12 15:52:15 -0500, Ryan Schmidt wrote:
> On Jul 12, 2009, at 12:07, S. M. Ibrahim (Lavlu) wrote:
>
> >in all our production server we are running php-5.2.10 , so as php-5.3
> >is major upgrade, and there is lot's of the change, i don't want to
> >upgrade my development systems php version. what's the easy way to
> >stay to php-5.2 ?
>
> Don't type "sudo port upgrade php5" or "sudo port upgrade outdated"

That's not sufficient because ports can also be upgraded due to
dependencies. One could use "port upgrade -n", but the user may
want to be able to follow all dependencies except some given port.

A solution is to have one's own source. For instance,
/opt/local/etc/macports/sources.conf can contain for the first
source:

  file:///Users/username/macports

and the user can put his own ports (in particular, some fixed
version of some port) there (and don't forget to run portindex
from this directory).

--
Vincent Lefèvre <vincent at vinc17.org> - Web: <http://www.vinc17.org/>