how to prevent a package from upgrade

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Sun Jul 12 21:08:59 PDT 2009

On Jul 12, 2009, at 22:51, S. M. Ibrahim (Lavlu) wrote:

> 2009/7/13 Vincent Lefevre wrote:
>
>> On 2009-07-12 15:52:15 -0500, Ryan Schmidt wrote:
>>
>>> Don't type "sudo port upgrade php5" or "sudo port upgrade outdated"
>>
>> That's not sufficient because ports can also be upgraded due to
>> dependencies.

That's true.

>> One could use "port upgrade -n", but the user may
>> want to be able to follow all dependencies except some given port.

Yes, you could keep track of all this manually but it gets to be a pain.

>> A solution is to have one's own source. For instance,
>> /opt/local/etc/macports/sources.conf can contain for the first
>> source:
>>
>>  file:///Users/username/macports
>>
>> and the user can put his own ports (in particular, some fixed
>> version of some port) there (and don't forget to run portindex
>> from this directory).
>
> so in my own repository i will host another php-5 with version
> php-5.2, am i right ?

You would take a copy of the last version of the php5 port before I
updated it to 5.3.0, and put it in your local ports repository. See
the Guide for how to set up a local ports repository, and see the
Wiki How-To entry about how to install an older version of a port for
instructions on finding the older version of the php5 portfile.

http://guide.macports.org/chunked/development.local-repositories.html

http://trac.macports.org/wiki/howto/InstallingOlderPort

> then what will happen if i try to upgrade
> phpmyadmin (not sure, but maybe it's depend on php)

Yes it depends on php5, but it will look at your local php5 port
which will hide my upstream php5 port.